M32R Linux kernel archive
Linux Kernel (previous version)
This page collects old version m32r kernels.
The latest version can be download from
or download page.
The following are Linux kenrels modified for the M32R.
- Supports both UP(Uni-Processor) and SMP(Symmetrical Multi-Processor) environment.
- Supports both with MMU and without MMU environment.
The 2.6.4 kernel or later also support MMU-less targets such as M32102.
- In the 2.6.9 kernel, the M32R achitecure has been merged into the stock kernel!
Now, you can download the 2.6.9 kernel or later from
kernel.org and its mirror site.
- linux-2.x.y_m32r_zzzzzzzz.arch-m32r.patch :
Patch information for archtecture-dependent portions
- linux-2.x.y_m32r_zzzzzzzz.patch :
Patch information for archtecture-independent portions for the m32r.
This kernel newly supports MMU-less targets; an M32102 microcontroller and so on.
- Support OProfile.
- Architecture-dependent codes have been modified for gcc-3.4.0.
- All workaround code for m32r-linux-gcc are completely removed from
the architecture-independent portions.
NOTE: gcc-3.4.1 or after is required to compile kernel source hereafter.
- Driver update: AR (artificial retina) camera is supported.
- Driver update: framebuffer device for LCD panel/CRT display is supported.
- Support a new bootloader:
NOTE: Bootloader-kernel interface has been changed;
ex) kernel entry address: 0x08001000 --> 0x08002000, etc.
- Kernel upgrade.
- 2.6.9, 2.6.10
- The m32r port has already been merged into the stock kernel and released from kernel.org. :-)
Any feedback will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.